Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another Tough Moment


Today my father's obituary was published in the local paper. It was hard seeing his name and face under the obituary section. Another reminder that he's gone. The photo that was used is the photo from his 75th birthday celebration. His 75th birthday was also the day he found out he had cancer.

We had a family day yesterday at my eldest sister's house. Everyone was there and had breakfast/brunch together. Then we hung out together all day, shared some laughs, cooked (what else is new?) and watched some of the hockey game (well the guys did at least).

My two nephews and their girlfriends came over and spent some time at our place, then the older of the two left to return to my sister's place as his flight back to Calgary departed this morning at 7am.

Another packed day ahead. We're taking my nephew and his girlfriend out for breakfast. I have no idea what we're going to eat that's vegan? I feel good that we're still observing a vegetarian diet in honour of my Dad, but I have to say, I am looking forward to going back to a "regular diet". After breakfast, we might be heading over to my mom's house to sell a few more things from Kijiji, and then off to visit some relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. Then off for dinner at my niece's place.

The tears still come every now and then - sometimes when I least expect it. I wonder what will happen once the commotion is all over and I'm left to my own thoughts ... ? I guess only time will tell.

Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment