Friday, June 10, 2011

Being grateful

Did I ever tell you that I work for the greatest organization in the world? Well, I do. Call it being "loyal to the Royal", or "bleeding blue and gold" - I love my employer through and through.
This week we celebrated "Employee Appreciation" - for us, a week long event of showing appreciation to our employees for the amazing jobs they do each and every day.
We've marked the event by having a week-long celebration, enjoying everything from games (Minute-to-win-it style), to a quarterly performance celebration, to casual dress week, to a free BBQ, to hand-delivered choco-pops with a note of appreciation ... the list goes on. I don't know that many organizations go to the lengths that RBC does to celebrate their employees, but I am so grateful and PROUD to work for such an amazing company.
I celebrated by getting my weekly 45-minute team meeting extended to an hour, and taking my team off site to enjoy iced coffees and not have a meeting focused only on work. It was a beautiful day and I think everyone enjoyed the opportunity to be outside enjoying the fresh air.
The daycare that Romeo goes to was also appreciative of his marbled spice cake, which they were kind enough to take a picture of and post to their FB page! I made a quick molasses glaze yesterday morning before we took the cake to school, and I asked for honest feedback since, A) I had never made it before, and B) I wasn't going to be able to try it. They said it was great, but I think they don't want to hurt my feelings :) Oh well ... :)
Today is "Blue Water Day" at RBC. We're celebrating RBC's commitment to a variety of water conservation initiatives worldwide, including RBC's commitment to donating over $50 million globally over a ten-year period (from 2007 to 2017) for such causes. Yet ANOTHER reason I love RBC!
Time to get ready for work. All employees are encouraged to wear blue in honour of Blue Water Day, so I'll pick through what I have to wear and play my part. I'm grateful that I work for a company that is not only internationally well recognized but more importantly, a company who is so well respected by many.
What are you grateful for?
Make it a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment