Monday, September 19, 2011

Another beautiful day

It was another gorgeous day today in Winnipeg and I got to enjoy some of it outdoors with the pooch.

The day started off getting an oil change, followed by an amazing Indian lunch at one of my favourite Indian restaurants in town - Clay Oven. I ordered their Chicken Thali, which is essentially a chicken platter that gives you the opportunity to try a multitude of different dishes without having to commit to any one certain dish. Of course, as usual, I brought home more than half of it, which will serve perfectly as tomorrow's tasty lunch! :)

After that I went in to work for a bit (on my day off) to see about the outcome of a client concern I had over the weekend, and to drop some stuff off for some colleagues.

I came home afterward and took the pooch out for a long walk. He's always so ecstatically happy to be outside, running around and enjoying all the sights, sounds, and smells. He was pretty tuckered out by the time we got home, and even as I blog, he's sleeping at my feet. Fresh air is a great sleeping pill for dogs! :)

The day started off pretty cool outside, so I had planned on making a big pot of chicken noodle soup, but by the time we came back from our walk, it was close to 25'C and soup didn't seem like such a great idea anymore. I didn't have anything else planned, so I made soup anyway, and at least will have it for later in the week, when I'm sure it'll get cooler again.

We just came back from a visit to Home Depot and Rona looking in to replacing our garage door and our storm door. By the time all the renos are done, the front of the house will look beautiful - I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment